Beet Fried Quinoa Bowl
Once again, I just threw this together and was blown away so I had to add it to my website. If you don’t like beets this recipe is for you, the flavor is glorious and the beet taste is practically non-existent. It’s a savory yet slightly sweet medley of superfoods!
- 3 whole beets and leaves – dice the beets – chop the leaves
Add beets to rice cooker or pot and allow to cook at a boil until soft.
Quinoa or Rice
- Use leftover rice or cook 1/4 cup of quinoa or wild rice. I used some leftover heirloom quinoa that was somewhat dried out and absolutely perfect. You won’t need much.
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 container of Maitake mushrooms
- light drizzle of vegan worcestershire sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
Fry up the mushrooms on medium high heat until they just start to blacken a bit and reduce heat.
Then add the following:
- All the beet leaves (or leafy green of your choice)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of quinoa
- a serving size of your favorite nuts, I used pistachios
- About 1/8 cup of sugar or equivalent sweetener
Allow it all to simmer while stirring occasionally. The goal is just to wilt the beet leaves. Then plate, and serve.
I’m not a big fan of beets, but I know how ridiculously healthy they are. When I sat down to eat this meal I was blown away by how delicious it is, with the beets barely even noticeable, while being packed with nutrient dense foods.
Comments are closed.