5 Minute Mushroom Risotto
The first time I randomly threw this together I couldn’t believe how delicious it turned out for how ridiculously simple, easy, and minimalist it was to make. It’s definitely a top favorite of mine with that warm umami flavor, especially for those cold winter days. You can also make a huge batch of this and use for warm ups or meal preps.
Mushrooms – combine in bowl
- 2 cups or more of bella mushrooms, I just tear them up into large pieces
- Additional yet optional mushrooms of choice (I use oyster mushrooms, or anything extra on hand)
- (*Consider 1/4 cup of diced onion or shallot)
- A healthy dash of soy sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Any other “dark / earthy / umami” seasoning you prefer (I use a mushroom seasoning)
Rice – add to rice cooker
- 1 cup of white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of water
Mix the mushroom combo so that all the mushrooms are evenly coated, then allow mushrooms to marinate in the mixture for at least 5-10 minutes while preparing the rice.
Rinse and drain the rice and add rice, water, and bay leaf to the rice cooker. Then simply add your mushroom mixture on top and start rice cooker on white rice setting.
When rice cooker is done, remove bay leaf and plate the dish. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top and garnish with your choice of greens such as chives, spring onion, parsley, etc. Mix and enjoy.